Here follows a list of the 23 conditions of the Tidjaniya path. No need to mention that all of them are based upon the Quran and the Sunna.
The Tidjaniya pledge is a life-long commitment --with no possibility of abandoning it
1. The Muqaddam who bestows affiliation must be appointed by the founding Sheikh or by one of his noteworthy representative.
2. The aspirant to the Tidjaniya Tariqa must not practice the litanies of any other spiritual master. He is not permitted to follow any other path or perform any other recitation in addition to the Tidjaniya.
3. It is forbidden to visit the Saints (of other spiritual paths), whether they are living or dead, but profound consideration and respect towards them are obligatory.
4. The accomplishment of the five prayers on time is obligatory, collectively if possible. Respect for Sharia Law is compulsory.
5. One must deeply love the Shaikh until death, and similarly his successor.
6. One must be wary of the ruse of ALLAH.
7. The aspirant must never use abusive language nor manifest hatred or animosity with regards to the Shaikh.
8. The aspirant must accomplish the Tidjaniya litanies assiduously until the very end of his life.
9. Belief is essential.
10. It is indispensable to abstain from criticism.
11. A person who is not affiliated to the Tidjaniya path must not recite the litanies without the specific authorization of a Muqaddam or a Tidjani Shaikh.
12. Practitioners must gather for the recitation of the Wazifa, and every Friday, late afternoon (after the Asr prayer), for the recitation of the Haylala.
13. The Djawharatul Kamal must never be recited without the ritual ablution and its other necessary conditions.
14. One must never sever ties with anyone and particularly with fellow disciples.
15. Regarding the practice of litanies, all forms of negligence must be avoided such as, for example, not performing them on time without any valid reason.
16. Permission must not be given to others to recite the Tidjani litanies without authentic authorization legitimating this act.
17. The aspirant must respect all those who are affiliated to the Shaikh (may ALLAH be pleased with him) and especially the foremost dignitaries of the path.
18. Body and clothing must be clean if possible.
19. The place must be clean.
20. During the recitation of the litanies, one must sit facing the Qibla, except in the case of valid exceptions such as traveling or sitting in a circle (in congregation).
21. The recitation must never be interrupted with other words except in cases of force majeure.
22. The practitioner should visualize the guide in front of him from the beginning of the zikr until the end.
23. One should try to grasp the meaning of the recitation, failing which, to distinguish the sounds of the recitation.